Spellman Museum of Forney History

About the Museum
The Spellman Museum is named for the Spellman Family of Forney. Mick Spellman donated many of his family’s items to the museum, including some artwork by his sister, Coreen Spellman.  The museum also contains artifacts that pertain to the history of Forney and its people, including photographs, pots and pans, railroad items, blankets, clothing, WWII items and more!

The museum is currently closed as we finish the renovation on our new building. Please check back with us often for updates.

Coffee Grinder

1925 FHS Basketball

Globe used at Briscoe School

Hours of Operation
The Museum is open from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM on Wednesdays, other times by appointment.

Directions
The From Dallas, take US80 east to the FM740 exit, marked Pinson Rd. At the light, turn right. Go down to Street and make a left. The next light is S. Bois d’Arc Street (pronounced “bow dark”). Make a right and go over the train tracks. The big, red, brick building on the left is City Hall. You can park in front (Main Street) or back (Front Street) or in the parking lot across the street behind the Jackrabbit. Take the elevator to the 2nd floor.


 

 

 


Leave a Reply